Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan
02/2018 – 03/2019
Existing arrangements to provide ADR mechanisms, such as mediation, in Azerbaijan do not exist in practice, informal practices lack clear regulations, hence reputational risks may occur. Setting up a pilot mediation center will address these issues and provide valuable insights in moving the ADR agenda forward in Azerbaijan.
The objective of the assignment is to assist the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) in establishing a pilot mediation center at the Baku City Yasamal District Court, evaluating the results from the pilot and identifying steps to strengthen the capacity of the MOJ, the legal profession and other stakeholders in facilitating the introduction of mediation in Azerbaijan.
- Support the Project team in local implementation and necessary project activities;
- Providing local experts for the Project team;
- Provide local logistics and administrative support during the project period;
- Support the Project team in arraigning travel & accommodation, as well as provision of office space and supplies for the international consultants;
- Arraigning meetings with stakeholders, associated institutions, and entities for the implementation of the project;
- Other administrative support upon request of the Project team.